Terms & Conditions
Clock & Watch Sales
Updated 12 January 2024
Your purchase is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the following terms and conditions:
• Full payment is required at time of collection or prior to any pre-arranged delivery of your purchase. Personal cheques are not accepted.
• Due to temperature variables, you (the customer) may be required to make the final time-keeping adjustments once the clock is in your home. For most clocks, our accepted time-keeping tolerances are up to +/- 5 minutes per week. For 30-hour, single-handed, lantern, mystery and novelty clocks, our accepted time-keeping tolerances are up to +/- 12 minutes per week. You will be advised of our accepted timekeeping tolerances for your watch at the point of purchase.
• Some photos of our restorations may appear on our website or social media pages.
12 Month Guarantee:
• All purchases are covered by our 12-month guarantee; however this does not cover the following:
Accidental damage or damage caused by misuse, including dropping or jarring, or leaving a ‘screw down crown’ unscrewed.
Exposure of the watch/clock to conditions it has not been built for, such as moisture and water.le. We do not accept returns of damaged items or items where the movement has been interfered with, altered, or taken apart by anyone other than Time In Hand.
If the above terms are complied with, we will refund the full cost of the item, less any delivery or collection charges.
Refunds will be issued within 14 days of the item being returned to us.
Repair or replacement of broken clock hands or glass.
Repair or replacement of broken wheels and teeth.
Clock suspension springs, mainsprings, weight gut lines or additional replacement parts.
Watch crown, stem, bezel, crystal, band or bracelet, or general wear and tear to these parts.
Defects caused by general wear and tear.
• Intervention / unauthorised work performed by anyone other than Time In Hand or removal of a watch case back will immediately void your guarantee, and will not be reimbursed.
• Should you encounter a problem or fault with your purchase, please contact us immediately (within the 12 month guarantee period) and we will advise of the next step.
• If the guarantee applies, we will rectify any faults arising from the service provided by us (Time In Hand), and you (the customer) are responsible for returning the item to us for this purpose. Should you choose to arrange for Time In Hand to collect the item from you, this collection service will incur a charge.
• You (the customer) MUST contact us to inform us (Time In Hand) of your intention to return the item within 14 days of collection or delivery of your purchase.
• We must receive the returned item within 14 days of the above contact being made.
• You (the customer) are responsible for returning the item to us and for any cost involved in this. Should you choose to arrange for Time In Hand to collect the item from you, this collection service will incur a charge which will be deducted from the final amount to be refunded.
• Items must be returned to us undamaged and in the same condition as they were at the point of sale
We reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website here. If we make material changes to these terms and conditions, we will notify you here that it has been updated so that you are aware of that.